We are pleased to announce the 54th Annual Meeting of the Western Society of Malacologists
As you may remember, last year due to Covid-19, we had to cancel participation in the 53rd Annual Meeting. This year the 54th Annual Meeting of the WSM will take place June 28 – July 2, 2021, although it is going to be a virtual meeting due to continuing restrictions concerning the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. The Centro de Investigación Científica y de Educación Superior de Ensenada, B. C., CICESE or Center for Scientific Research and Higher Education at Ensenada is hosting the meeting by the webex platform.
Official language: English, However, to promote the participation of Spanish speaking students, it would be possible to give talks in Spanish, but the slides will have to be in English.
Abstracts will be due by 31st of May and must be submitted on a web page that will be sent soon.
• June 28. Monday. Registration and WSM executive committee meeting
• June 29. Tuesday. Workshops
• June 30. Wednesday. Symposia and talks and posters, evening WSM silent auction
• July 1. Thursday. Symposia and talks and posters, WSM general business meeting (if needed)
• June 2. Friday. Symposia and talks and posters, WSM all members meeting, evening virtual banquet
• On line workshops may be in English or Spanish with one co-ordinator.
• There will be a formal request to organize additional sessions or non-sponsored symposia. The sessions will be arranged by research topic not by taxonomic group.
I hope to you see you all (virtually) in June.
Miguel A. del Río
WSM President 2021.